SUBMIT YOUR FILM
Film submissions for MajorDocs 2021 are now open.
We are seeking feature length creative documentaries for our 3rd edition, which will be held from October 5 to 9, 2021.
The Festival is composed of a single section, the International Feature Documentary Competition, which is open to submissions for recently completed documentary films. Awards for this competition include Best Documentary and the Audience Award.
How to submit
Submissions are available from January 20, 2021 only via the FilmFreeway service. The festival does not consider film entries sent through other channels or which screeners have not been submitted within the deadline.
Deadlines & fees
Fee: 10 €
Deadline: February 25, 2021
Fee: 15 €
Deadline: April 1, 2021
Fee: 20 €
Deadline: May 3, 2021
Fee: 30 €
Deadline: June 1, 2021
- Date of completion: films completed after January 1, 2020. Projects completed within the 12 months prior to the festival will be prioritized.
- Premiere status: films must not have been previously screened (theatrical, online or broadcast) in the Balearic Islands prior to the festival.
- Categories: creative documentaries over 60 minutes shot in any format.
- Formats for submission: online screener only. Do not send DVD or Blu-Ray.
- Subtitles: submissions must include English subtitles for non English-language films.
- Documentation for submission: duly completed FilmFreeway profile, including synopsis, trailer and credits.
- Notification date: August 10, 2021.
2021 edition note
In light of the current COVID-19 pandemic, MajorDocs 2021 will be a hybrid edition which will include both online and physical activities. The Festival is committed to the vindication of the cinema experience and for this reason, as long as theaters remain open, we plan to programme only in-person theatrical screenings in accordance with the health and safety guidelines set out by public health authorities. Nevertheless, our team continues to monitor the national and global situation to adapt the festival accordingly to expand or reduce in-person events, to ensure the safety of our community.