SUBMIT A FILM
Film submissions for MajorDocs 2022 are now open.
We are seeking feature length creative documentaries for our 4th edition, which will be held from October 4 to 8, 2022.
The Festival is composed of a single section, the International Feature Documentary Competition, which is open to submissions for recently completed documentary films. Awards for this competition include Best Film and the Audience Award.
How to submit
Submissions are available only via FilmFreeway. The festival does not consider film entries sent through other channels or which screeners have not been submitted within the deadline.
Deadlines & fees
Fee: 10 €
Deadline: March 1, 2022
Fee: 15 €
Deadline: April 1, 2022
Fee: 20 €
Deadline: May 1, 2022
Fee: 30 €
Deadline: June 1, 2022
- Date of completion: Films must have been completed after June 1, 2021. Projects completed after November 1, 2021 will be prioritized.
- Premiere status: Films selected must not have been previously released in the Balearic Islands prior to the official presentation at MajorDocs. Special preference is given to Spanish premieres.
- Categories: creative documentaries over 60 minutes shot in any format.
- Formats for submission: online screener only. DVD, Blu-Ray or USB keys will not be accepted. Screener link with a password, if required, must be valid until September 1, 2022.
- Subtitles: submissions must include English subtitles for non English-language films.
- Documentation for submission: duly completed FilmFreeway profile, including synopsis, trailer and credits.
- Notification date: September 1, 2022.
2022 edition note
In light of the current COVID-19 pandemic, MajorDocs 2022 will be a hybrid edition which will include both online and physical activities. The Festival is committed to the vindication of the cinema experience and for this reason, as long as theaters remain open, we plan to programme only in-person theatrical screenings in accordance with the health and safety guidelines set out by public health authorities. Nevertheless, our team continues to monitor the national and global situation to adapt the festival accordingly to expand or reduce in-person events, to ensure the safety of our community.